Following the unprecedented success of the Fairfax Gareth Dressage Monoflap saddle, we started to receive repeated requests for a more ‘feminine’ version. So we asked renowned producer of young dressage horses and equestrian style icon Rebecca Hughes to add some luxurious design touches.
Based on her husband’s bestselling Gareth saddle, the Rebecca Monoflap benefits from all the features common to every saddle in the Performance range (see design details below), plus the following details:
- Discreet snakeskin print on the cantle and stirrup loop adds enough glamour to turn heads while still oozing style.
- Grey stitching on the flaps and welting on the seat brings a touch of class and elegance.
- The seat is more ‘forward’ in order to precisely align the rider more ‘in’ over the horse’s centre of balance, allowing the rider to feel a greater connection with their horse without restricting the ability to give the subtle aids or adjustments.
- The unique design and placement of the billets gives the saddle fitter two adjustment options to fine-tune the fit to the horse’s shape and movement.
- Three thicknesses of adjustable shoulder blocks allow the rider to sit squarely on a horse with asymmetrical shoulders while allowing the horse to move freely underneath, building up muscle without restriction. Simply use the thicker block on the side with less muscle (see Girthing options in the dropdown below).
- A recess in the flap allows the riders’ upper leg to form a closer contact with the horse’s side without any uncomfortable rubbing (see Adjustable Shoulder Blocks below).
- Surface mounted thigh blocks give the rider enhanced support without restricting their position.