Signs your saddle does not fit - negative behaviour in horses
Did you know that your horse displaying negative behaviour could be due to a poorly fitting saddle? Your horse may be trying top tell you something when it reacts in a negative way.
Signs to look out for, on the ground:
- - Avoidance - walking away from you when being tacked up
- - Ears back and head shaking
- - Pawing at the ground
Under the saddle:
- - Short strides
- - Reluctance to go forward
- - Refusing at fences
- - Hollowing through the back and not working in an outline
- - Tripping
- - Unable to achieve the correct leg in canter
- - Rearing or bucking
If your horse is repeatedly showing any of these behaviours, please get in touch via telephone or email to book an appointment.