Preparing for your Saddle Fitter
Please read through the information below to help the appointment run smoothly.
Many riders, including those who ride at a high level, are unaware of the facilities the saddle fitter requires for the appointment.
Planning and having the right facilities can help the Saddler to provide the best possible service.
- A flat hard surface - to asses the horses confirmation
- An area for the horse to be ridden – sand school or a suitable field is acceptable.
- Jumps set up ready - if the saddle is a jump/xc
- Lights are needed for the saddler to work and flood lights in the school (during Winter)
- A rider/owner needs to be always present during the appointment
- The horse being assessed needs to be well groomed
- Tack needs to be ready to use
- A thin saddle cloth may be needed for trying new saddles.
For more information or if you are unsure on any part, please contact the shop before your appointment.