Many riders, including those who ride at a high level, are unaware of the facilities the saddle fitter requires for the appointment.
Planning ahead and having the right facilities can help the Saddler to provide the best possible service.
- A flat hard surface - to asses the horses confirmation
- An area for the horse to be ridden - to asses the saddle and if there is movement
- Jumps - if the saddle is a jump/xc
- Lights and flood light (during Winter)
- A rider needs to be present and suitably dressed to ride
- A well groomed horse
- A girth, stirrup leathers and irons
- A thin saddle cloth
By having all the above prepared can help the appointment run smoothly.